Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > What the hell is going on.
What the hell is going on.

3338 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-04-05 00:39:27

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    Lowi
    2015-02-17 20:38:45
     PC Suite doesn't work at all and updates I get though the MaxiDas 708 keep failing. Get either "Download Failed" or "Installation Failed". The few updates I got seem to have less and less functionality and more and more bugs. Can't get a straight answer from customer service. Will definitely NOT renew my subscription and once the software becomes outdated I'll buy a better tool from a different company. This is total BS, I can't run a business with this cr4p.

If anybody has similar problems or a solution I'd like to hear from you!

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX

2015-02-17 21:29:47 (Reply to:Lowi)

I purchased the 1 year's worth of updates back in March of 2014 and the only update the last 2 months were the ones that had the logo changes! So what now Autel I paid for 1 year's worth of updates and have only received 10 months worth!!! Are you going to cancel me in March AND ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU WILL HAVE SEVERAL UPDATES AFTER MY SUBSCRIPTION IS UP? I BET THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET AUTEL TO GET ON THE BALL WITH FIXING ALOT OF THEIR PROBLEMS WITH THIS SCAN TOOL FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS!! I HAVE SENT THEM DATA LOGS AFTER DATA LOGS AND THEY HAVE NEVER RESPONDED TO ANY OF MY ISSUES! I GAVE IT A CHANCE AND BOUGHT THE UPDATES FOR OVER $600 AND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE ALL WE ARE GETTING IS LESS FUNCTIONS AND MORE BUGS. I GUESS THEY THINK MONEY GROWS ON TREES. I LIKE SEVERAL TOOL OWNERS WILL JUST FIND SOMETHING ELSE. I KNOW THAT THE MAXIDAS & MAXISYS DO MORE THAN MOST TOOLS OUT THERE BUT WHEN YOU WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY TO TRY AND IMPROVE THE TOOL AND YOU GET NO RESPONSE THAT IS WHERE ONE TENDS TO GET VERY UPSET. MOST OF YOU OUT THERE SEEM TO BE HAPPY WITH THE MAXISYS BUT YET IF YOU READ THE FORUMS MANY ARE UPSET ABOUT THE UPDATES AS WELL! IF YOU GO BACK BEFORE THE MAXISYS CAME OUT I PUT OUT A POST PREDICTING THESE ISSUE WITH THIS TOOL BASED ON HOW AUTEL HAS DONE WITH THE MAXIDAS. THIS IS WHY I NEVER BOUGHT IT AND I'M GLAD I DIDNT! I'D BE OUT $2000-$3000 INSTEAD OF $600. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE MAXIDAS MAYBE WITH TIME AUTEL WILL ACTUALLY TRY AND FIX  THEIR SCAN TOOLS!

•   Level 4   
    (125) points
    mkarisson

2015-02-18 04:22:17

I'd be holding off on all updates for now till lawsuit passes 
    I personally haven't run into a problem with ds 708 
    All current key programing bcm, pcm & pim module linkings are still stable
    All functions like forced dpf regenerations are working fine 
    Hold off updates for now 

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    Elite

2015-02-18 06:16:37

No problems here, still love mine. 

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    pracer53

2015-02-20 19:47:27 (Reply to:mkarisson)

I am sorry I ever bought this piece of junk, you get what you pay for. Their website offers no training on how to get full potential out of this tool. I have used this tool and found problems, butt I a ABS code and this scanner didn't detect it and I used my cheap Actron ABS scanner and it told me what wheel sensor was faulty.
    I should have bought proven Snap On with online free training, a lot more money but worth it. I am going to sell mine and get a Snap On.

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    CHRIS

2016-04-05 00:39:27 (Reply to:Lowi)

And it is still on going....
  Total1 Pages